Leechburg Area Community Development Corporation
To achieve the goal of a sustainable future with a high quality of life, the Leechburg Area Community Development Corporation ("LACDC") includes the following Vision Statement that describes the ways in which our community can continue to evolve, how it may look and function, and how it might be improved upon or different in the future. The LACDC envisions a vibrant community that:
- Maintains a semi-rural suburban atmosphere, as a primarily "blue collar" community, by sustaining and protecting residential areas, increasing and enhancing its public facilities and services, improving access to our beautiful waterways, improving our commercial and industrial areas, and promoting and enhancing the adoption of new technology.
- Promotes a conservative growth plan which preserves existing single-family residential neighborhoods while accommodating a variety of housing opportunities and amenities at densities that complement existing neighborhoods and designs that create appropriate transitions from one house type to another.
- Preserves the rustic charm and natural beauty of the area by protecting our parks, farms, and wildlife while incorporating and developing trails, and retaining historic/cultural resources.
- Is carefully planned and balanced allowing for an increase in urban conveniences and opportunities without overpowering the semi-rural suburban community we serve and enjoy.
- Features sustainable growth that supports and revitalizes commercial areas and transit-oriented, mixed-use corridors in need of physical and economic improvements, and which encourage new business developments, pedestrian activity and use of our rivers and streams.
- Enhances and preserves existing commercial areas ensuring there is an adequate level of commercial services provided throughout the area.
- Supports environmentally sensitive industrial and employment centers that provide local and regional jobs and bolster the community’s economic and physical conditions.
- Preserves as much of the natural terrain and environment as possible through thoughtful development of Armstrong County’s natural resources.